Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting a gold oscar and a red tiger motaguense in the mail soon and was wondering if when they got here I could keep them in my 55 gallon with

2 texas cichlids 5" and 2"
1 carpintis 3"
1 jaguar
2 jack dempseys 10" and 8"
1 venustus 4"
1 gold severum 4"
1 gt 3"

It is a standard 55. I was wondering if they would be alright while I got my 125 setup some of them will stay in the 55 and I will put some in my 50 gallon but would they be alright together for a couple of hours or maybe a day

·
Registered
116 Posts
I would say you are already way overstocked even for a 125, 55 and 50

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
The dempseys would own the 55 ALONE...

I'd ditch one of the texas cichlids, and maybe keep just the GT in the 50 gallon (depending on the dimensions).

In the 125 you could do the jag, carpintis, MAYBE the texas, and the oscar. That's pushing it a LOT depending on the attitude of the carpintis and the texas.

The venustus doesn't belong since it's from malawi, and the severum isn't really aggressive enough to stand up to the rest.

Those are my thoughts.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i dont plan on keeping all of these like the jds will be gone soon and a lot more this is just short term like i said. i was wondering if i could keep them together for a few hours maybe a day. anyway another question is there anything i should worry about when switching the 125 to freshwater because the guy who used to have it had it as freshwater

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok im not getting the fish anymore my card didnt go through and they are juvies anyway. im gonna have a 90 a 55 and a 125 and possibly another 125. i was talkin a couple hours while i got my 125 setup and the 90 gallon rearranged. guys please read the whole post. im not planning on keeping all these fish. thanks for the feedback i already have the 90 gallon rearranged but i havent setup the 125 yet

1 - 6 of 6 Posts