Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

First off i would just like to say, hope you all had a very good Christmas and a happy new year!

Iv been off for holiday for a week now and got back today when i thought i shall take a couple of snaps of Tom and Jerry seems its been awhile.

Everything has been going very well here but noticing some odd things. Back in August it was always Jerry (smaller one) that pushed Tom around (which they got over) but now Jerry goes to throw a strop at Tom but he stands his ground now and Jerry runs off and then comes back out. This is only happening on an odd occasion and no marks are shown *touch wood* so i feel nothing to worry about and its just oscar behaviour. I have been watching them closly and was wondering what does it actually mean when they start to pull on wood? read it somewhere but forgot what peoples surgestions were.

Anyway time for picture of the past and the present. Enjoy! Oh yea forgot Jerry was very annoyed with me today and not looking his best and hiding at the back, turns out the person who was meant to feed them yesterday whist i was away never came and hes taking out on me but least you get to see him slighty annoyed! Came out for food thou so maybe im forgiven :thumb:

Tom:

Between 2-3inches (cant remeber) photo taken end of July this year?

Between 8-9 icnhes photo taken 28th Decemeber this year.

Jerry: (love the fan shape on his tale)

Between 2-3inches (cant remeber) photo taken end of July this year?

Beetwen 7-8 inches photo taken 28th Decemeber this year.

Would love to hear feedback as always and would love to hear your storys!

·
Registered
161 Posts
wow great looking O's Can't really see to much of the tank but it looks very cool. Love the sand substrate. Great color..I'm jealous. what do you feed them and how often? How big tank? and what is your water Change sched? water is so clear. Filtration too?

sorry with all the questions :D

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
funnyjew2 said:
wow great looking O's Can't really see to much of the tank but it looks very cool. Love the sand substrate. Great color..I'm jealous. what do you feed them and how often? How big tank? and what is your water Change sched? water is so clear. Filtration too?

sorry with all the questions :D
Dont be sorry i like questions!

Feed them Hikari Cichlid Gold, they get fed around 10 pellets twice a-day. Every monday night they get 3 cubes of blood worm or muscle.

The tank is 48x24x30high so around 150gal. Water changes i only do around 50ltrs a week. Filtration it has on it a FX5 which is just biomax and its spounges so thats just for biological and i have recently added a fluval 205 with a spray bar which just has nitrate and phosophate remover which is why my water change is only 50ltrs a week! The reason for both nitrate and phosphate is the brown alge was starting to go wild with the high phosphates, this is because the water out the tap here is at 7 and above (havnt got a scale high enough). Every week i test the water before clearning the sand and removing water and it:
Ammonia - 0
Nitrite - 0
Nitrates - around 10
Phosphates around 0.25

Also in the tank i have 5 giant danios (close to 2 inches), pictus catfish (5 inches) and a L114 pleco (9 inches)

Pictus and Spike my pleco, have to hide meat pellets in the cucumber or the oscars would have them.

Tanks shots

When they were younger:

Now:

Hope this answers your questions :thumb:
My pictus

1 - 3 of 3 Posts