Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Oscar must of ran into something because he has 2 small spots where his scales are missing. Im so mad because its right where his beautiful red is coming in!

Will these scales grow back with time?

Should I buy something to add to his tank to make sure his slime coat is in top shape?

Thanks

·
Registered
901 Posts
My oscar decided to have a headbutt contest with a spice of slate. Left a huge gouge out of his head, went right down to the flesh. I did an extra 40% water change that week and added extra stress coat. Its healed right up in about 2 weeks, but its left a very visible scar.

If yours has just lost some scales, they'll likely come back without issue.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah my Oscar is fairly young, *** had him about 10months or so I'd say. My Oscar likes to bite my Dinosaur bubbler but I dont think this hurts him its more for his enjoyment. Yeah they are minor spots but i was still conerned, he is still his normal begging for food self so i assume hes fine.

Thanks for the input

·
Registered
184 Posts
Yea Meafix will work just remember to tack out the carbon.

·
Registered
153 Posts
maybe the start of many injuries, my oscars are always scratching themself against the wood. Cant decide if they are stupid or they dont know whow big they have gotten but one of mine always tried to get though a gap that he used to be able to do but cant now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.