Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 70Gal Tank with a 7" Oscar and a 4/5" Jack Dempsey. I have the oscar now nearly 8 months when I got him as a 2/3" juvi. My question is this a good growth or slow ( Should I be upping their feed ). The Oscar has never been ill and eats well and very active, the two get on fine, no aggressive except for small bit at meal time. I feed them twice a day Hikari Staple and every second or so day either live food of meal worms, crickets or frozen food.
I am happy with the Jack Dempseys growth, so maybe is the oscar just a slow grower.
Any ideas??
Thanks Maxi

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Water Change is roughly 20/30% every 10 days. They have the food usually eaten in two mins approx. Just affraid I put in too much they leave it behind. They could be a little longer swimming around finding the floating pellets. Do females grow much slower than males.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I think he means 2-3 inches. Maybe not. But more frequent water changes will probably increase his growth. Every 4-5 days instead of every ten maybe.

·
Registered
14 Posts
sounds it's growing about the same as mine, maybe a little bit slower. Try feeding im an extra block of bloodworms every couple of days ???

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ya thanks guys looks like more water changes and more protein, was thinking of changing from hikari staple to Cichlid, what do ye think good idea?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts