51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay here is the specks
140 gallon plywwod tank
2 oscars
6 firemouts
1 comon placo
filtering is 2 emporer 400s, 1 fluvel cannister filter
for lighint im going to use standard lighint amounts then using a led moonlight systeme
sand substrate
roots entering the tank from above w some driftoow and rock formations and lilypads on the surface

what do you all think ill update w pics of the bulding process and the fish once its all done

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
2 oscars and 6 fms is pushing it, I would NOT use a common pleco in this tank, all it will contribute is waste, and I find they don't look good unless in 200g+ tanks.

If you want 2 oscars, do that. If you want 6 fms, do that. But together is a recipe for someone's death. IF you want all, build a bigger tank.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what about 2 oscors and 4 fms, im going to have the fms for a while and let them grow to a good size before buying the two small oscars ill dump the pleco and if i have enought obstacles and stuff that the firemouths could fit in but the adult oscars cant i think the four of em should be good but for feeding what is good foods for them i heard about feeding them goldfish isn't all that great what if i set up a small livebearer tank would it be better for them to eat the fry than goldfish? this would be a few days a month thing

·
Registered
700 Posts
I don't think the 6 firemouths is too much for that size tank, the Oscars could potentially outgrow depending on sex.

If your goal is to provide feeders for the oscars you will be better off having a pair of Cons or livebearers in a seperate growout tank that you syphon into the Oscar tank from time to time.

Your tank sounds really cool and I'd like to see a picture of it.

Regards,

Shogun

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.