Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a juve indonesian tiger and was wondering when he gets a bit bigger would an oscar be an ok tank mate, need a docile but large fish for him to live with and he hates being on his own. He started out alone and was shy and always black, but now lives with an angel and threadfin as well as 3 giant danio's and a cuckoo catfish, now he shows his colours and always comes to say hello, sadly when he gets to about 8 inch's these will all be lunch. Every where i read it says silver dollars but i just find them so drab. Would an oscar be a good way to go?
Thanks

·
Registered
369 Posts
I don't know the characteristics of the indonesian tiger but if a silver dollar is compatible I'd say the oscar could be too. Oscars are pretty dirty though so make sure you have the space and time to commit to cleaning that will be required

if you go for it you should get a tiger oscar too.. the tiger tank!!
:dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they are predators and can move pretty quick when they want but mine just likes to swim round slowly. Not aggressive at all and can be intimidated by aggressive fish. Didnt know Oscars temperaments so thought id ask :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts