Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
depends on if you want malawi or tangs.. alot of sites lean towards one or the other... theres good sites for both thou.. especially if you want rare fish.. alot of sites can sex fish for you too before they are showing any color from how big they are.. *** gotten ALOT of really nice quality fish from hobbyists in my area as well.. if you pm me ill give you a list of some quality sites to order online from as *** gotten most of my fish this way (or someone else got them online and then sold to me)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ordering from the internet is quite safe... Most fish you see in a store have been sent through the mail SEVERAL times already. Lets say its a fish bred in asia: 1. shipped from asian farmer to asian distributor 2. shipped from asian distributor to US distributor 3. shipped from US distributor to US company distribution 4. sent from US company distribution to chain store for sale... If you can find a US breeder then the fish should only be shipped once from the US farm to your door!

SnookMan88

·
Registered
532 Posts
SnookMan88 said:
Ordering from the internet is quite safe... Most fish you see in a store have been sent through the mail SEVERAL times already. Lets say its a fish bred in asia: 1. shipped from asian farmer to asian distributor 2. shipped from asian distributor to US distributor 3. shipped from US distributor to US company distribution 4. sent from US company distribution to chain store for sale... If you can find a US breeder then the fish should only be shipped once from the US farm to your door!

SnookMan88
+1. Most people see no problem going to their LFS to buy fish. Well, how do you think they get their fish? They order them and they're shipped through the mail; same thing if you place your order online.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts