Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm having an acrylic tank and stand built. The dimensions of the tank will be 72x20x20(~125gallon). I'm planning to run a fx4 and a fx6.
This tank will be an upgrade for my all male hap and peacock tank. Currently I have 13 adults and sub adults. I plan to stock at 20-25 fish. Since I am having this built, I have to pick out my cutouts on the lid. I am thinking of placing an output on the right end, a return two feet to the left, an output two feet to left of that and the second return to the left end of the tank. Does this seem reasonable or is there a better way?
Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
40,501 Posts
Probably most anything will work, I have the intakes under the return for each and they are at the 1/4 and 3/4 positions along the length of the tank. I'd go with 20...I actually prefer 18 in a 72" tank if they mature less than or equal to six inches.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All my stock except for 1 will mature to 6 inches or less. Depending on what I add, I could end up with 1 additional slightly bigger than 6. The moorii is my main reason for upgrading. I began this tank with more of a peacock emphasis, but I gotta say I do really enjoy the haps. They are very active swimmers with a lot of personality and not overly aggressive. I just need to stay away from the really big ones unless I get a giant tank. Maybe I will try and shoot for closer to 18. I don't really want to increase my bio load.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts