Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 6" long fuelleborni (katale) has been in a 20g by himself for a good 4 or 5 months now. I'm not sure what to do with him. I was eventually going to get a 125g and go all male but i just dont see that happening anytime soon.

He was in a 55g with 3 female fuellebornis but over a year or so eventually killed them all off. He was super aggressive towards them and would chase them back and forth all day long. If you never seen a 6" fish in a 55g going on a rampage its not pretty.

Right now in one 55g i have an all female tank so i'm definitly not going to put him in that tank. The other 55g has a male Rusty, a male perlmutt, a couple male afras (need to thin these out to one), some haras i am growing out (m & f), and then a couple of the labeos young (too small to sex).

How do you think he would do in this setup?

I still want to get the 125g but might have to start my all male in the 55g.

Any input/opinions are welcomed.

·
Registered
554 Posts
a known agressive fish, in with a bunch of fish who are smaller (some much smaller) than him? I don't know if I'd want to risk it. If you are home and have time to keep a close watch, maybe try and be ready to fish him out if need be... removing all the rocks though >.<

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm still on the fence about it. I just feel so bad for him everytime i see him in the 20g. He looks really happy and eats great and seems fine but still he needs some more room.

·
Registered
801 Posts
I had trouble with Labeotropheus in a 70 gallon tank, so I wouldn't chance it as their known bullies, particularly towards smaller fish. Also you mention that you have some young Labeotropehus in your second 55 gallon, they would be a likely target for any aggression. Considering that he's been isolated for so long you might be better trading him in or if you know someone who might provide a suitable home.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts