Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have this 2” Mdoka White Lips fish that is possessed. This fish is just super angry or just juiced, chasing other haps and peacocks, some bigger than him (suspect this troublemaker will be a male). This goes on and on to the point ther fish started hiding.

I netted him, tossed him in a growout tank for my clown loaches and haps and females twice his size. A relatively peaceful tank….not anymore with him in there.

So, got my net, tossed him in a 180 gallon tank with the big haps and peacocks. Now he is intimidated by the large residents of this tank, he hides by the heater. No one really pays attention to him plus there are cichlids not much bigger than him.

Will he be ok ? Saw him go after food, but mostly stays behind the heater. Today, he did not go after any food.

Also, what other options do I have with this little one.

Thanks.

·
Registered
649 Posts
No, he will not be OK where he is now, as he will be chronically stressed by the larger fishes, and the fact that he is already afraid to eat is not a good sign. So you need to figure out an arrangement in which he is not subject to undue stress, while simultaneously ensuring that he does not stress all the other fishes. From what you've said so far, good luck with that. :eek:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts