Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, just treated my 90 gal with Paraguard for prevention, seeing some fish flashing.
All seems well but one of my Nimbochromis Livingstonii is breathing very fast. All other 23 fish are fine.
I run 2 canisters with over 600 gph, all bio and mechanical. Amm - 0, Nitrite - 0 and Nitrate 20 ppm.
I have been adding a few fish from different shops lately and just wanted to make sure no outbreak of any kind.
I dosed as recommended by Seachem. Not normally a chemical guy under any circumstances but with no quarantine tank i thought this might be the way to ensure health.
No more changes will be made but my Livingstonii is not looking good, What to do? please any advise...

·
Super Moderator
40,523 Posts
Without a hospital tank...what can you do?

I think I would take chances with no meds rather then use preventive meds.

Change water to get nitrate down to 10ppm.

·
Registered
210 Posts
10 gallon tank is ten bucks. If you don't even know what's wrong you can't treat anyways, so I would just take him out. Breathing fast is not a good sign, but it doesn't really tell you the root problem either.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.