Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I need some suggestions regarding a Lwanda female peacock that I end up with. I purchase it from a auction and it was the male&female combo, so I had no option to put her in the tank. But the problem is that my tank (55gal standard) is a all-males tank. I have some older males in the tank(4-6") and the lwanda pair is 3-3 1/2", I know is not the right thing to do but I had no choice in order to keep her alive.
Now I never breed peacocks before always been males and today I notice something interesting. It seems that couple of peacocks are competing to mate including the lwanda male, which I notice him chasing her alot and at one point they starting mating. So now what?
I do have a 10gal. that I'm not using maybe putting her there would be better?
I had no plans to breed them now so I don't know what to do HELP.

·
Super Moderator
40,517 Posts
I'd sell her. Don't know how interested the LFS are in lone peacock females, but I have never asked. Post an ad in the trading post and take her to the next local club auction or post a for-sale ad with a local club as well.

I am often surprised that other hobbyists are looking for just the fish I think will never sell.

·
Banned
406 Posts
Im in the same boat as you. I bough a male flametail from my LFS but they were only sold in male / female pairs.

So far none of the 8 male peacocks are even paying attention to her but when I get my 55 gallon set back up I'll move her over there w/ the male flametail and a few yellow labs. Hopefully the flametails will breed.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts