Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have salt water tanks. I have a couple coral that I feed frozen mysis shrimp about 2-3x a week. I thaw it in tank water than spot feed with an eye dropper.

Is this something the saulosi would like as a snack? (I am planning on feeding them NLS 1mm pellet.)

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I feed mine a spirulina based flake,jsut because the species article in the library said to avoid any pellet,and they are herbivores

·
Registered
29 Posts
I feed mine NLS 1mm pellets only for the year and a half i've had them.
no deaths,spawn like crazy,great color :thumb:
If you want a fun snack to give them try algae wafers.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
newforestrob said:
I feed mine a spirulina based flake,jsut because the species article in the library said to avoid any pellet,and they are herbivores
I have been reading a lot of the old forums, and I guess some of the articles were written a while ago, and now it is o.kay to feed pellet as long as it's a high quality, which NLS is.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
idonotnow said:
the algae wafers that you would feed a placo? they are round, grose green and sink? those ones or are they specifically for cichlids?

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I think he means those ones. They should work fine. Very quickly blanched (and cooled) veggies such as cucumber or zucc would work, too. Or lettuce. Or just a high-quality processed food... The extras are more for our entertainment, anyway.

·
Registered
29 Posts
zoie said:
idonotnow said:
the algae wafers that you would feed a placo? they are round, grose green and sink? those ones or are they specifically for cichlids?
Those are them.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
idonotnow said:
zoie said:
idonotnow said:
Those are them.
HOLLY COW!! You have a 1,500 gal fish pond!!!! I am sooooo gelous. do you have a picture? I have a 100 gal. fish pond. I had 6 gold fish I got as 10 cent feeder fish, had them for 10 years. They were about 9-10" long. I also have a home daycare and had moved the pond and wasn't sure the licensor would approve, so I put a piece of PT lattice over it until I got the fence around it. It rained and my fish died. :( I didn't know it poision the water. That was last year. I'll redo it this year, but first I need a fence.

·
Registered
29 Posts
sorry no pictures :( ya I started with feeder fish in a 100gal then got into koi then got the 1500gal :D

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
idonotnow said:
sorry no pictures :( ya I started with feeder fish in a 100gal then got into koi then got the 1500gal :D
I am thinking of switching to koi. I like the butterfly ones. So you'll take a picture soon? :roll:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
idonotnow said:
I had my brother go dig up an old pic.It's the best i can get for now till it warms up and the plants grow back.
http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g480/Jesseg2/P6091059.jpg?t=1300908869
That looks so nice. I would love that in my yard. I looked into the koi yesterday, they get like 3', the minimum size pond is 1,000 gal. Oh well, I was very happy with my 10 cent feeder fish. Some of them had huge tails, so pretty.

Thanks for the pic!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts