Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. My name is Tom, my handle Willowrock. Im a new member but not new to this site. Been a guest for years using this as a resource. I've had aquariums since the mid 90's. In '97 bought 3 small cichlids, orange, unknown types. One of them immediately become the bully. Stressing the other to to no end. One died after a couple of weeks. The other "victim" was weary. I tried to add cover, but the bully was relentless. After another 2 weeks, I woke to find the bully dead. I knew which was which by the tattered tail of the "victim". He was alive. No explanation. Fast forward 22.5 years later, he's still kicking. Has to live by itself. Attacks everything. Even bystanders near the glass (lol). Tried to add a cat and Plecos in 1998, but he attacked those too. Pleco eventually died (6 years later in another tank). The cat was kept in the same tank, just with a separator. He's still kicking too. Never cared to identify the red/orange one. Much of his color gone, hoping you can help tell me what I got. Thanks and I'm glad you guys/gals are here.
ACBE7B4A-A94B-4753-838B-07667037FE0B.jpeg

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Its a red devil/midas- type cichlid. Body shape and snout are a little off, which might point to it being hybrid (and thus potentially having some other CA genetics) though really nothing conclusive based on it's looks. Being such an old fish, its also bound to look a little different in the mouth and head.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts