Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about making a 3D background for my tank. I have a 125 gallon tank with an emperor 400 filter. I also have a wet/dry filter. Is it possible to do this type of BG and still have proper circulation in the tank. I also don't know how ppl are placing the heaters so it would heat the water properly. I have read many threads on the 3D BG everyone talks about what to use to make them but I haven't seen any info on what to do about the filters so I must be missing something. :-? If any one can shed some light on all of this I would really appreciate it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
hi there, i just built one myself, what i did was put my heater in the same water channel that one of my pumps intakes are in, that way the pump will suck up the heated water and then spit it back in the tank. if you would like i could post some pictures of the back of my BG to give you an idea of what im talking about. hope this helps

·
Registered
220 Posts
hoplesswfish said:
yes that would help a lot. Any pictures of the back or side views ppl have would really help. Thanks
I too am in the same boat, pics and details would be awesome!

·
Registered
90 Posts
hbbyhorse said:
hoplesswfish said:
yes that would help a lot. Any pictures of the back or side views ppl have would really help. Thanks
I too am in the same boat, pics and details would be awesome!
sorry guys *** been caught up and totally forgot about this thread! i will post some up tomorrow for sure. atleast i will try to give you guys an idea to help!

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts