Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently own a mostly malawi 135 gallon. It is pretty spectacular with the stand I made and its current state with a large amethyst cave in the middle surrounding volcanic lace rock with about 40 to 60 fish. Some are oddities such as the christmas fulu that now inhabit only swamps, a madagascan beautiful 10 inch polleni that looks like a bleekeri, at least I bought him as a polleni. I am also into the rare pleco keeping, and the one pair of bushynose plecos that we accidentally got started making babies and now every time I clean the filter, i have bushynose babies! I actually have one that i know of that survived in my Tanganyikan tank but if all goes well i should have a couple other regular ones and a couple albino. How odd is this to actually breed plecos? Even more odd that they are breeding in a community tank. Well my tank topped this weirdness yesterday. I now have a new fish. a new peacock that came from nowhere. There is a breeding couple now and she is mouth brooding, and i have been noticing this action for at least 3 to 4 months now. What appears to be an orange blossom and a female ??? of some sort. She has the rusted back like an aulonocara jacobfreibergi, but i bought her as a yellow jake??? Is this activity weird or what? their offspring is already about an inch, and i only have one.
I will post pics later.

·
Registered
623 Posts
The weird thing is you don't know where the fish came from. Either you have lots of fish, bad memory, or don't pay much attention! That is cool you have breeding plecos in community tank. I'm thinking of getting a bunch of young royal and snowball plecos grow them then sell them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Chunkanese said:
The weird thing is you don't know where the fish came from. Either you have lots of fish, bad memory, or don't pay much attention! That is cool you have breeding plecos in community tank. I'm thinking of getting a bunch of young royal and snowball plecos grow them then sell them.
just too many nooks and crevices with too many fish lookin for a lunch. It doesnt come out much at all, but last time i looked it had 3 nice bright eggspots

·
Registered
9,068 Posts
Chunkanese said:
Not all Plecos are easy to breed in a normal tank, and many are almost impossible. Ther small Bristlenose Plecos are the exception.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts