Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of anyone using goldfish as tankmates for jags or jacks? My girlfriend has a couple big goldfish that are around 5"-6" and I was thinking about maybe trying to put them in my tank that contains a 3" jag and a 3" jack to liven the tank up a little. I don't know if this is even possible but I wanted to see if anyone has heard of this or maybe experinced it theirselves. Thanks

·
Registered
12,338 Posts
Many times predators will not eat a feeder and it becomes something like their new best friend. I've seen it happen with all kinds of predators including large cichlids. While it's possible, I wouldn't reccomend it. Not to mention goldfish are an even messier than cichlids! Bio load would be hard to control...

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Fish have ways of getting by even under the worst of conditions. My wife's family still talk about the huge gpldfish they caught out of their pond while fishing. Really mucky ugly pond by tank standards but apparently somebody had dropped it off when smaller and it grew along with the bass, sunfish and catfish that the pond was stocked with when new.

By the way what they talk about is how bad it stunk up the house when they fried it. Nobody attempted to eat the thing as it smelled so bad. :oops:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts