Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering how bad an idea it is to mix ocies and punks...
Anyone ever done this? (im sure) and what were the results?

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Its a not bad mix if you have a long enough tank with enough vertically stacked rocks to allow for the caudopunks. If you're inexperienced in either species, I wouldn't suggest trying it in anything less than a 3' footprint. You can try squeezing them in to a smaller tank if you've more experience. Treat the caudopunks as julies, in my experience they prefer the rocks to shells anyway as they're only facultative shell-spawning fish as opposed to true shell dwellers.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i see thank you darkside. Yes, I have at least a 36" footprint, and approx 50 lbs of slate rock horizontally stacked for shelving as well as many pieces stuck in sand vertically to battle line of sight. I have had the ocies for a while, I have four now(2m,2f) but want to add 2 punks. Other mates are trio of A.comp, singleton eretmodus, and singleton syno. Homeostasis currently, but didn't want to disrupt with addition of punks..

Sound ok?

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
With the alto in the equation there won't really be enough space especially with the goby flitting about. This mix would work well in a 4' 50 gallon.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the altos are juvies, dom male is about 3". I expect to upgrade to a 75g soon. I am just waiting on a good deal on craigslist lol :thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts