Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a group of 6 juvie oblongums coming next week and am stoked! What can you tell me about them? I am relatively ignorant. I do know they need a cool down period every year and are neo tropical so water temps need to be cooler. How long a cooling down period is required and what are the temps for the cooling down? What are the temps during the time they are not cooling down? I have read about them, but prefer experienced fish keepers to tell me what they know.

Thanks Everyone

Bruce

·
Registered
877 Posts
i just gave my group of 4 to a friend because i ran out of room, but it was tough... they are amazing fish.

i did not do a cooldown period for mine. just kept the temp around 77. however, when i shipped them, they arrived and the water was around 40 degrees... they are tough fish. very tough.

as far as personality, they are laid back, but take no guff. they can be rough, but never really aggressive. they held their ground with my chocolate and coexisted with my keyholes.

one funny thing is how they live up to their name... chanchitos translates to piglets. every tiime i fed them i would either get splashed or i would have water on the floor.

enjoy your fantastic and beautiful fish. keep posting questions here, you will get a ton of good info.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.