Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an OB zebra who had very dark black spots on it and now they are blue and grey.. it started after I switched him to a bigger tank about a month ago. He is about 2.5-3 inches. He is the dominant male and I believe is getting ready to mate. Any ideas why his colors are fading?

·
Registered
9 Posts
It may not be the same situation but for male OB Peacocks black spots turning blue is the fish maturing and starting to colour up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fredd1e said:
It may not be the same situation but for male OB Peacocks black spots turning blue is the fish maturing and starting to colour up.
Interesting, I thought their colors would get brighter. He is an orange OB, will the orange change too?

·
Registered
9 Posts
That's a good question. For male OB peacocks I can say that the colour should get stronger with age but for OB zebras I'm not so sure. I read that for some red zebras the colour can change from orange to light peach as the fish matures.

·
Registered
9,062 Posts
Natural OB males do change and get more of blue sheen, and the black blotches may look different. Some males are very attractive, but I suppose sometimes you may not like the changes, some males lose the orange color, males vary a lot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts