Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks herny!
its not fat; anyone can easily mistake these fish for trewasvasae, which is thinner and more elongated, fuelleborni are more stubby and round like a bulldog :fish: :lol:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:dancing: I think im the only one in the world to breed these :wink: I have 2 males and 3 females; got my first batch a few weeks ago :fish: :dancing: :lol:

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
I've always loved L. fuelleborni and yours look great. I miss my OB male but I love my current Chinyankwazi Island males too.
Those two have a really nice color on them. I usually see OB males with more blue. Yours have a lot of yellow/orange. It's really neat. Great shape on them too! :wink:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys! :thumb:

I also have a colony of "galereya reef" alfra in there and a few others mbuna. Also 2 tropheus pemba. But so far I only got a good picture of the elongatus and galereya reef :lol:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
straitjacketstar said:
I've always loved L. fuelleborni and yours look great. I miss my OB male but I love my current Chinyankwazi Island males too.
Those two have a really nice color on them. I usually see OB males with more blue. Yours have a lot of yellow/orange. It's really neat. Great shape on them too! :wink:
I have many tanks and fuelleborni are still my favorite :thumb: I've seen a couple of Chinyankwazi before, but only females; how big are yours now?

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Very nice...I used to have a similar male, with a bit more blue. I bred them for a couple of years, and they were one of my all time favourites!

However, I do have to agree with herny about them being on the chubby side!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Tonyinthemountain

Hey Tony!
I never thought I'd ever find someone else who enjoys fuelleborni like my sister and I do. Do you still breed them? If so, are any for sale?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Tonyinthemountain

Hey Tony!
I never thought I'd ever find someone else who enjoys fuelleborni like my sister and I do. Do you still breed them? If so, are any for sale?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Wonderful pics! I raised Fuelleborni back in the 70s and then "got out of fish" when life's circumstances made it impossible (young kids at home that would feed the fish hot dogs and bananas and such). Anyway, I love the expressive looking faces of Fuelleborni and when I get another tank set up I just may raise them again :)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
They are great looking fish! I have a group of 7 Fuelleborni in my tank, 3 blue and 4 OB, all from Thumbi Isl. West. Unfortunately, it looks like I may have wound up very male heavy as I ordered them as juvies. One of my blue males spawned with one of the OB's so I know I have at least 1 pair. She held for about a week and then swallowed them, a real bummer. But they are barely 2" yet, so I'm hoping for it to happen again.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.