Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All of my fish a very healthy and eat well. I recently ( 1 week ago) added a male and female nyererei to the tank. The female is eating like a champion, but I have never seen the male eat. No fish are picking on him, and he doesn't look unhealthy (other than he doesn't eat with the others). He is in the middle of his maturing process and is starting to develop some nice coloring, but I need to get him to eat.

any suggestions?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Are you feeding the same food he was eating before? The same thing just happened to me with a zebra oblidiquens. I separated him but he never ate and died. I have read on previous posts about Emerald Entree a frozen food fish love, my fish would not eat that either. Maybe one of the moderators will have an idea. Good luck. Cichlidaholic recommended a hospital tank if you have one give that a try.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I suggest finding out what he ate before and feed the whole tank some of it, just make sure you continue to feed a little bit of the other food so he can learn to accept that as well. Try some spirulina brine shrimp, all fish love it, and this should increase his appetite.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts