Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was just wondering how many fish have you guys had holding at the same time? I just had all 3 of my polit females hold first one was on tues then thur then fri. Then I also have my chewere ps holding since tues and now my snow white female is holding, she just spawned last nite. I have a 10g holding my zebra chilumba fry **** I am getting bombarted with spawns! lol

·
Registered
485 Posts
5 at one time - 2 Mainganos, 2 Cyno. Haras & 1 Yellow Lab.

I used to keep Ps. Saulosi in my 38 gallon tank where 2 or 3 at a time was the norm, had to start letting them spit fry in the main tank.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
6 here.

1 El.Kanchedza
1 yellow lab
2 red zebras
1 acei
1 kenyi

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I counted 9 at once in my 125g. 3 rusties, 3 acei, 2 Afra, and 1 Fuelleborni. I usually have 4-5 holding at any given time.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Let one RZ's & Acei spit in tank.

I got the El.Kanchedza out (She's an F1). Got the babies growing out.

I stripped the RZ cause it was holding too long, most were dead/probably starved. Gave those to our Goby.

Moved off all my Kenyi to a local buyer.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Right now I have 3 Red Zebras,1 Maingano and 1 Rusty holding :thumb:

One of my yellow labs holds but seems to always lose the eggs within a week I don't get it :-? It's happened like 3 times now.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Earlier this year I stripped 5 demasoni plus 2 yellow labs (from 1 75g) on the same day. One of the demasoni clutches was too early and should have gone in a bubbler by themselves, but I had run out of room.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I had 5 yellw labs, 1 male, one sub dominant? & 3 confirmed females as the 3 were holding at the same time. I just striped two & will do the 3rd this weekend.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts