Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering about my 150 gal tall aquarium. I have noticed air bubbles forming on the insided silicone seams, and that in keeping an eye on one corner the air bubbles have merged or expanded over time. The silicone seam where the glass meets as well has bubbles and a light to darker look to it as well. This has not changed much over the year that I have had my tank set up and running. The air bubbles on the inside seam however have been getting bigger. These bubbles I can feel them with my finger and it feels like bumps. It has not leaked in all this time, and in sending pics to a person at my lfs he said that this was a normal occurance and that he has seen this in a lot of aquariums. what do you guys think, I am waiting for spring to do something about it, either get a new tank, or if I do not have to worry about this one, leave it as it is.

Hope someone has knowlege of what I am experiencing, and not be quick to say, yeah, empty the tank and do something about it right away. Have a lot of fish in there and time invested.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Is this tank new or did you buy it used? Sounds like it's been resealed and the new silicone did not get pressed into the seams very good.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, this was bought new 6 yrs ago, sat empty in my basement and got back into the hobby last year. The seals and seams are all manufacturers, at this point, all original.

If it has not leaked in all this time, can there be a possible problem?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts