Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 75 gallon with 2 canister filters, can't remember the GPH but both are made for 100+ gallon aquariums. The largest female in the tank has been in there for about a year, it's an all mbuna tank. For the last 2 weeks she hasn't eaten much of anything at all. When I feed she usually stays in her cave and if she does come up she won't eat. She is the oldest fish in my tank, and was fully grown when I got her. She's not holding and has never been bullied, there's 2 male zebras in the tank with 9 females. She's never been a victim of fin nipping or anything of the sort and has always done whatever she pleases. She's not completely lethargic as she does spend time swimming and moving amongst the rocks but is getting extremely skinny. Ammonia and nitrite are 0, nitrate are 20 (aquarium is overstocked). There have been no new fish added in about 5-6 months.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
40,517 Posts
How old is she? Their life span is about 8 years. I do see a bit of a nip on her anal fin. Why not isolate her and see if she can gain weight without any competition?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's interesting and I had no idea that was their lifespan, I guess I assumed it was much longer. Piecing timelines together she's about 6-7. I've got her in a 20 gallon by herself and was considering using general cure in there and possibly the main tank just to be safe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts