Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new tank has been running 4 weeks now, fishes cycle completed in 2 1/2 weeks. Although none of the fish appear stressed some are not eating much or nothing at all others eat fine. Did a. Big water change today to see if that helps. Any thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
40,701 Posts
What are the measurements for pH, ammonia, nitrite and nitrate? Where are the fish hanging out in the tank? Any fin nips? Could the non-eaters be holding fry in their mouths? Are the feces normal (thick,brown)?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All water parameters are good, nobody holding, no fin nips, very little chasing. The non eaters are hanging out on the ends of tank or hiding in caves. The thing is some of the less aggressive species are eating fine. I am trying a purists nightmare mixing Mbuna, Haps, Peacocks, Victorians (all juveniles). Tank is 130 inches long so I'm hoping I can do some things stock wise that normally can't work. If not i'll Move or trade some. Thoughts?

·
Registered
584 Posts
oilen said:
All water parameters are good, nobody holding, no fin nips, very little chasing. The non eaters are hanging out on the ends of tank or hiding in caves. The thing is some of the less aggressive species are eating fine. I am trying a purists nightmare mixing Mbuna, Haps, Peacocks, Victorians (all juveniles). Tank is 130 inches long so I'm hoping I can do some things stock wise that normally can't work. If not i'll Move or trade some. Thoughts?
It helps if you give us specifics "Good" isn't quantifiable, and it's possible what one person thinks is "good" isn't good.

Specifically, we need numbers for

Ammonia, measured in PPM (Parts per million)
Nitrite, measured in PPM
Nitrate, measured in PPM
pH
Hardness

·
Super Moderator
40,701 Posts
Also the specific stocking would help along with ID as to which are eating and which are not. In my tank the ends are for the sub-dominant fish, especially holding mothers. And hiding can also be a way of avoiding aggression.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.