Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK any ideal what this is was told it was a yellow strip but it only about 3/4 to a inch longn

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
will try to get a better pic this weekend but I see a reddish tint to all his fin if that help this is my first Tropheus and they hard to find here in SW Ga

·
Registered
6,748 Posts
Problem with guessing the ID is nearly all Sp Red (14+ variants) and Rainbow/moorii (20+ variants) look like this when young.
If I had to hazzard a guess it would be Sp. Red Moliro partly because they seem to be so widely available.
Pinning an accurate location on Sp Red (if that) may well be impossible even when adult. Colour being so mood dependant and overlaps between variants. You kind of have to get em with the name really if you want to breed and sell.

All the best James

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok it was sold as Tropheus sp."Black" (Mboko) Lemon Stripe but not sure I have been all over the net and cant find no pic of young ones

·
Registered
6,748 Posts
Only Sp Black "Lemon Stripe" I know of are one from a number of islands offsure of the village of Mbuko. More usually reffered to as Kifumbwe. Also the one a few Km to the south of Cape Munene (bemba) often sold as Mboko or Orange Moorii. And another that has prob never been exported. Would be kind of a bit surprised if this guy with red in the fins turned out to be one of those but hey never bred those or seen them young/small as this.

All the best James

Ps Good idea to get yourself a good book on Tropheus the web is rather unreliable and hard to fathom.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts