Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure this is the right forum - all the questions seem to be about disease. But here goes.

This question is directed to those of you that feed NLS foods to your cichlids, particularly large cichlids.

Which particular food do you feed?

Logic suggests to me that the cichlid food is properly formulated nutritionally for cichlids. But I can't find it in a size other than 1 mm. It's microscopic compared to some of my big haps. So I give them the general fish formula in 3 mm and 2 mm sizes.

Colors and fish health seem fine.

Still, I'm wondering if I'm doing the right thing.

·
Registered
532 Posts
NLS makes a jumbo fish formula, and a thera plus formula. Those are perfectly fine for cichlids. (I still have to pause when I spell it this way; it's unnatural to me). Personally, I feed my convicts Hikari Massivore Delight, and my firemouth gets Hikari Gold, but when those are thru, I'm thinking about switching to either Omega 1 or NLS.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I feed mine the jumbo fish formula. But my fronts are OK with the 1mm pellets, too. I give them both sizes since there are loaches and fry survivors that eat the smaller size.

My Red Devil will only eat the big pellets, though. She comes up to the surface and sticks her mouth out so I can fill it up! :fish:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts