Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi
my tank size - 4ft long, 18 in wide, 21 in wide 247L/65 uk gals. Serafil 1100 external with spray bar and have 2 air pumps with air stones.
Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate 500, gh 250, kh 50, ph 6.8
I do fortnightly 25% water changes clean filter and vac gravel.
the fish,
1 oscer 6in
3 jack dempseys 3in
1 pearly earth eater 3in
2 angel fish 3 in
2 giraffe 3 and 4 in
2 red zebras 3 in
2 blue zebras 3 in
2 yellow labs 3 in
3 jewal 3in
2 blue chromo? 3 in
2 bala sharks 5 in
2 red tip sharks 3 in
1 plec 5 in
1 corry 1 in
white rocks with holes stacked up at the back like a reef and amazon sword plants and long reedy like plant

·
Banned
406 Posts
You're overstocked, thats probably why your nitrates are so high, you have alot of big fish in there. :lol: You need to do several water changes over a few days to get them down.

And your water parameters are off too (KH and PH).

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Oh no. I don't even know where to start with this. Choose either the oscar + JDs and plan on purchasing a much bigger tank, or keep the Africans with that tank.

The nitrate is the least of your worries with this tank in the long-term. What it doesn't kill, your other fish will.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Even when you get your current nitrate problem under control and after you remove a lot of those fish you'll want to do water changes at least once a week instead of every two weeks. Your goal is to keep nitrates below 40ppm max. I try to keep mine at 20 or under.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its all ok now
it was the graval that was really dirty when i changed to sand i didnt realise.
the wa just sits on the top and can be vacumed out.
i swapped most of my americans for more mbuna and *** got 10 fry off my female lab in a 3 foot tank with guppy fry[/img]

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Not needed at the moment but just FYI. To post pictures need to be on a site (I use Photobucket) and then you hit the IMG button, Add the direct link to the pic and then IMG again. You may want to post pics again.

It will show as:

It is always good to preview before posting just to save those OOPS situations. Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts