Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the first time last night whilst taking a plant out of the tank one of my pundamilla neyerei nibbled my finger!

:lol:

·
Registered
105 Posts
g-day cardiff,

did you just finish kentucky fried chicken?
maybe it thought your finger was finger lickin good :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:D :D

·
Registered
127 Posts
My Demasoni nip at me when I do a water change if I don't feed them first. I've flinched before since they can nibble quite hard when they want to.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I used to have a bumblebee that was determined to pull a diamond out of one specific ring on my finger. I seriously thumped her on the head on more than one occasion...

But if you want to really get attacked pick up some shell dwellers and try to move their shells! :lol:

·
Registered
729 Posts
The only fish that really scares me are L. ocellatus... I never stick my hand in the tank near them... But they are sooo cute when they attack that it is worth it!

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I dread having to put my hand or my arm in my Saulosi tank. Almost all of them have a little nibble on my skin which feels like tiny electric shocks entering my arm.
My fiancee laughs her ass off as i dance around, getting bitten with 1 arm in tank cursing the little critters :lol:

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think it hurts when Mbuna nibble at your arm because their teeth are designed for pulling algae off rocks, so they get hold of the hairs on your arm and pull, rather than actually nibble at your skin.

Mine used to do it all the time, so I've learned to do a weird finger-motion as I put my hand in and they all get skittish and flee for their caves... :lol: Except one, who just likes the taste of arm too much.

·
Super Moderator
1,844 Posts
Funny this subject comes up now. I was cleaning algae off the inside of my 75G Sunday. My 10" male Venustus was fine until I got too close to the male Auratus hiding in his rock pile. He bit me on the pinky knuckle & left a red mark. Boy was I surprised!!!

What is even stranger is that he really hates the Auratus, who has to sneak out of his rock pile to get food at feeding time. These are the only 2 fish in the tank.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wow any pics of that big venustus, i have a few little ones and never seen one that is 10"

·
Super Moderator
1,844 Posts
Well, he's not quite 10". It's hard to get a good measurement from outside the tank. Here's a quick pic of him. Sorry about the quality of the photo.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts