Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
know am currently in the middle of getting into a bigger tank for my friends as some of you already know but i have heard from a friend of mine that says bigger is always better in regardes to pumps and filters in ur aquarium. He gave me an example that with a 10 gallon tank you need a 20 gallon pump with proper filtration... is this really true, i know filters are important but should you always try and go bigger with pumps?

If so my new tank witch is 30 gallons should be upgraded to a pump that handles a 40 or 50 gallon tank ? Wouldnt be bad i have my heart set of this amazing bow front that was 55 gallons i think so i should get one to work with that but saddly :( i dont print money ........

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
It rarely hurts to have more filtration than necessary, but at the same time it is rarely necessary. Usually, there is a small premium to step up to the next size. Used equipment is a possibility, and you could check pn.ca or gtaa.ca .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.