Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi :D
new to the site have cichlids now about 8 month's now.Father in law got me hooked he at it now for at least 10 years.my stock is 2 fontoisa one 3 inch the other 5. 3moori 3 dubasi and four very young ones. 5 different anacaras 3 cat fish abot 6 inch and other 2 about 4 inch. 3 bushardies 2 lupie 4 yellow taillassies and 3 or 4 that i don't know the names off sorry about the spelling of some of the names.Also is there any one on here from Ireland pm me Also their no breeding goin on is this normal? most of fish there at least 6 months cheers. :fish: :fish:

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Welcome to cichlid_forum.
:)
Sorry I can't answer your questions but there are alot of great articles in the Library section
and the Profiles section is helpful too.
I hope you are taking advantage of these resources.
See ya around the forum.
Alicem

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
Welcome! Tanganyikan cichlids are a lot of fun, especially once your tanks are established.

First off, there is a lot of information on this website, but if you are not sure of what species you have it can be hard to find. From what you wrote above, I believe you have:

Frontosa (commonly called "fronts")
Tropheus, perhaps 2 types.
Neolamprologus brichardi
Neolamprologus leleupi

For the others, if you can take pictures and post them in the Unidentified Cichlids folder, someone will know what they are.

Six months is not a long time, but with the mix you have I don't think that breeding will be successful. If you are particularly interested in breeding the species you have, we can suggest different stocking options.

Cheers! :thumb:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts