Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does this look like a sutable home for.

1 Pair of Angel Fish.
1 Pair of Festivum's
2 Loach's
2 Bushy nose. pleco's

I am new to this site. did some research but couldnt find anything on how to breed festivums.. Any advice or comments would be great. The tank is cloudy because i did a water change and added a few new plants.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
I can't tell what plants you have from the pictures, but the crypt like plant at the front of the left pot is planted too deep. rooted plants should only be planted to crown depth. Some vals added to the back corners would be nice and fit nicely with your choice of fish. Consider the final size of the plant when placing it. You don't want to block your view when the plant matures. I would add a black garbage bag to the back of the tank. Your off to a good start.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I planted them a little deep because my 2 pleco's like to flatten out the sand in the middle of the night..

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Hi Mordimeir,

Your tank looks great. What size is it? It looks like it should be good for the fish you have.

I have not personally breed festivum; and, I have not actually read much about it either.

If you decide to get a background, I used a black piece of fabric from a craft store and attached it to the tank with sticky Velcro; it worked much better than the vinyl backgrounds sold at fish stores.

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Looks real good.

I would add some small bottom cichlids like Apistos, Laetacara, or Bolivian rams. A group of 6+ cories also.

....Bill

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Do i have a pair.

One of my Festivum's Likes to hide in the back right corner of my tank.. Defends that corner from all fish but 1 Other Festivum. The largest one in the tank in fact. I see now breeding color's yet. But the smaller one only lets that one big one near.

·
Registered
76 Posts
My 125 with Festivums

Other fish:
6 Bolivian Rams, 4 male Apisto Caucatoides, a pair of Apisto Hongsloi, 2 Angels and a bunch of misc. Tetras.
Two things to be aware of, that you may or may not have a problem with.
First, this group of Festivums decided my stem plants made a great all you can eat buffet. I have kept them in the past without them eating plants but not this group.
Second, not always do Angels and Festivums get along. I have had a group of Angels that beat the **** out of the Festivums and also the opposite with the Festivums doing the same to Angels. In this setup I don’t have any problems.
I have bred Fesivums and typically I have not had them change at all in coloring.
The actions of your Festivums do indicate that you probably do have a pair. If they are hanging out by the driftwood in your picture then keep an eye on them. If they are a pair they will begin to clean it in preparation of laying eggs.

Your tank looks great, good luck with it

Pat

1 - 11 of 11 Posts