Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi :)

I have had marine aquariums for 15 years and no changing to Tropical.
I will be using my red sea max s-400 as the tank. 120 gallons (400 litres) with a sump. dimnsions are roughly 3.5x2x2 foot.

I want it to be cichlids. Most likely malawi. I have kept demonosi many years ago.
My plan is to have filrer sponges in the first seciton ofthe sump then lots of siporax in the rest of the sump. I alreayd have this andh ave around 15 litres of it so filtration should be very good :) Maybe also some carbon,

Flow will be the return pump plus 2 pumps in the rear chamber of the tank.

Any suggestions on tank setup? I want to get it right to start with. UV filter of any use in tropical setup? I have one sitting around.

Also what type of stocking could I go for? Planning on manking lots of little rock caves. I am thinking long term once fish grow what my stocking levels could be? Really open ot any ideas currently :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm new so bare with me. So with ciclids tank length means more than volume of water? Tank is 42 inches long X 24 inches by 24 inches.

You mention only two types. Are you saying only these two types are suitable for my aquarium size?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's similar toy experience with marine fish. Adding at the second time or adding the most aggressive last worked most times.

I will have a think. Even adjusted the Scape of the rocks may help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.