Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thumbnail 1.jpg
so i purchased 3 fronts all from the same gentlemen, about 1.5-2mths ago which I believe i have two females and one male ??? That's what the gentlemen said as well ( let me know if I'm wrong) i have one of the " females" ( smaller) that always hide in the fake holey rock in my 90 gal. she comes out quick for a few minutes maybe eats a few pellets but the bigger "female" always go after her and she ends up back in the cave. Not sure what i should do get another front ..... female take the larger female out of the tank for a day ..... any help would be awesome

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
I would remove one Front female. 90 gallon tank is going to be too small for 3 Frontosa. I have three 8" to 9" Frontosa in a 125 gallon tank. Needs filter cleaning once every 5 weeks, same for the water change. When they get full grown it will go down to about once every 3 weeks. In a 90 gallon tank I would guess once every 4 days with three when full grown. That's a lot of work.

So I would only have 2 in that 90 gallon tank. When full grown you would still need to change water and vacuum sand about every 7 to 10 days if you only have two.

My set of three get along peacefully in the 125 gallon tank and seem happy (6 feet by 1.5 feet by 2 feet deep). So I don't think it takes a large number of fronts in a tank to keep them happy. Some people say it does take a lot of frontosa together for them to thrive. I have not found this to be true with this trio or with the last one I had either.

I think mine are all males, they do not mate, they all have humps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts