Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to Cichlids. My husband is somewhat experienced (way more than I am), however we've never experienced this before. We thought we had all males, but one of our yellow/gold cichlids didn't turn color and is now 2.5 inches or so and is now solid gold/orange. Anyhow, behavior wise it's acting like it's holding however when reading the discription on what they LOOK like, I'm just not sure. I've failed to find any definitive pictures on google on what a holding cichlid looks like. Can any of you post pics and explain what I'm looking at please? It's not "fat" but there is this pouch looking thing that hangs down from her head, and her throat area looks darker/shadowed when it wasn't before. Also - it doesn't open it's mouth hardly at all to try to see in, and I really don't want to take it out and force it open. Any pics and explanations would be super appreciated. Sorry, I am not yet familiar with species etc.

·
Super Moderator
40,497 Posts
Looks like she is holding, yes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you! We had a 10 gal tank already cycled after the last time we suspected "just incase" and had her moved into it already, so I guess now it's a waiting game :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts