Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the forum here and have a new 90 gal tank with a 20 gal sump. I want to make it a cichlid tank, but I have not kept African Cichlids before. Is a 90 gal (48x18x24) sufficient for a few feather fins? I just love the way they look and would really like to keep some, but want to ensure that they would do well here. I have kept smaller fish until now mainly livebearers, shiners, and shrimp, in other tanks. If they are entirely unsuitable for that tank size, I suppose I would like to try some Lake Victorian cichlids. I like the idea of keeping some of the more at risk fish to help keep them going. I will be using RO/DI water and cichlid salts because my city ammonia levels are too high for keeping fish safely.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. That's too bad, but if they are really difficult to keep then I will put them on my "some day" list and go with something easier then. I really don't want to put the fish at risk needlessly and I can see the need to get used to caring for easier species first. I'll keep my eyes and ears open. I have time while the tank is set up and cycling.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts