Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so im new to cichlids.i have 6 other freshwater plant tanks so i figured id try something with out plants.plus its cheaper with such a large tank.
anyway im getting a 75gallon tank tomorrow and want to do african cichlids due to the ''challenge'' of the slightly brakish water.i had a salt water reef tank for a while but it just got to expensive to maintain and i didnt have the time for it tthen.
my question is...what type of africans would be my best choice for the 75?i was looking at getting demasoni but wasnt sure how many i could put in that size tank.any other suggestions on anything fish wise ir any advice?
thanks in advance

·
Registered
261 Posts
If u do end up going with demasoni u r going to want to start with 20-25 juvies and end with 12 to 15 depending on how many other species u want to have.Their will b some other ppl who can assist u better on the other species to mix with them.I only have experience with the fish i have in my sig and its worked fine so far.U will have alot of cool options if u do decide to go that way.Good luck

·
Registered
625 Posts
I have 29 fish in a 75, though I am aiming for a final number of 20 adults.

You could get 20 demasoni and 10 yellow labs juvs and then end up with 15 dems and 5 (1m4f) yellow labs for a gorgeous tank.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
great idea!i was intrested in the yellow labs too.but decided on the blue.but ill probably end up doing that!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts