Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone:

I'm new to the Cichlid community and am trying to identify these cichlids I recently purchased so I can see what their requirements are for living. Currently they are in a 90-gallon aquarium with your standard hang-on-the-back filters. They will be moving to 120-gallon aquarium that has overflows, but I still need to investigate whether I should purchase the pump in order to run a sump or if I should just use the hang-on-the-back filters.

These fish will most likely be going up for sale as the ultimate goal for this 120-gallon tank is to do a saltwater reef setup.

Please help identify:

As I mentioned before I am new to the Cichlid community therefore I do not know that much about these types of fish. I was told by the owner who sold me the fish that they are Oscars. I believe that is incorrect as I was unable to find any valuable identification noting that they were Oscars so please anyone that could help me in this research would be a great help.

Thanks, in advance.
Joe

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Definitely texas. And wow they look nice for having so many in one tank lol. Too bad you're so far away I could use a big female. :p

·
Registered
586 Posts
a 120g wouldn't be enough for that many. Hopefully you find homes for them quick.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They are all up for sale. I know that there are too many in this tank. That's what I said when I went to the guys house. I hate having them all in one tank, but that is how he had them.

If anyone is interested in purchasing, I'll be willing to make a deal.

Thanks,
Joe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts