Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So decided to jump into keeping chichlid only tank specifically lake Malawi peacocks and haps going to be getting a 65 gallon setup filtration will be into a sump and going with a aquadecor 3d rock background with sand substrate . Any advice on how many I can stock in the tank looking for Male only as I am in canada a good place to buy like a breeder . Also the different breeds of peacocks and haps that I can and should get any and all advice welcome

·
Super Moderator
1,838 Posts
Have you already purchased the tank? Ideally you would want a tank that is at least 48" long and about 75G for multiple species of Malawi cichlids as this gives them more floor space and distance from each other in the tank.

·
Super Moderator
40,487 Posts
I would choose another stock plan for the tank since it is 37" long.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok so I could return tank to get a 48 long so either a 75 gallon max 90 gallon would I be able to get peacock tank or i could do a mbuna tank but my concern there is the aggression in that breed and knowing which ones are less aggressive

·
Super Moderator
40,487 Posts
A 75G would be great for either peacocks and haps or mbuna. With proper stocking, aggression can be easily managed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts