Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I have a friend that gave me a 150 gallon aquarium. It has about 16 africans, 5 tiger barbs, 1 albino rainbow shark, and a pleco. I had a few questions concerning it.

One of the cichlids looks like a Mbuna, another kind of looks like a bumble bee but not as bright and detailed, and another is a really light purple almost pinkish. But the rest are brownish or so. I was wondering if you guys knew what species they were. I would like to read up and gather as much info as I can on them.

Another question is, what other fish can I successfully mix with the africans? The barbs and rainbow shark seem to get along with them just fine. They just go about their business and do not pay any mind to eachother. They also are only juviniles but really don't show any aggression. Sometimes just the bigger ones when someone gets near their domain. But that rarely happens.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
kdawg004 said:
Hey everyone. I have a friend that gave me a 150 gallon aquarium. It has about 16 africans, 5 tiger barbs, 1 albino rainbow shark, and a pleco. I had a few questions concerning it.

One of the cichlids looks like a Mbuna, another kind of looks like a bumble bee but not as bright and detailed, and another is a really light purple almost pinkish. But the rest are brownish or so. I was wondering if you guys knew what species they were. I would like to read up and gather as much info as I can on them.

Another question is, what other fish can I successfully mix with the africans? The barbs and rainbow shark seem to get along with them just fine. They just go about their business and do not pay any mind to eachother. They also are only juviniles but really don't show any aggression. Sometimes just the bigger ones when someone gets near their domain. But that rarely happens.

Thanks in advance.
Welcome to Cichlid-Forum!
Post up some pics or video in the Unidentified Cichlids forum.
You can read about your 'Bumblebee' here and the other mbuna as well as the BB here.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts