Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm in the uk and iv got a Community tank with some American cichilds and rainbow fish etc Iv always wanted a African cichild tank I like the peacocks but not sure how it works can I just put any peacock in the tank when I have moved my Community fish out or if I go mbuna how do I no what go together as iv heard I would need 3 groups of mbuna can anyone explain how it works thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My tank is a fluval vicenza 260l it's 4ft but I do want to upgrade to a Juwel Rio 350l still 4ft but a wider tank

·
Super Moderator
40,505 Posts
Stock by length...not gallons. Buy fish now for the tank you have, not the future tank.

Two major decisions:
Mixed-gender or all-male. Mixed gender is easier if you are new to Africans.
Mbuna or peacocks and haps. IMO mbuna are easier and more colorful in a mixed gender tank.

·
Super Moderator
40,505 Posts
OK haps and peacocks, only males are colorful. Three colorful fish in a 48" tank.

Don't get me wrong...I do recommend the mixed gender haps and peacocks...see my signature. But full disclosure.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok thanks for you help I think I'm goin to go with peacocks and haps I went to my lfs today and they said they would buy all my stock for half what they would sell them for and I would get credit to get the peacocks so not to bad

·
Super Moderator
40,505 Posts
Make sure you get 1m:4f of each species and limit to one species of peacock per tank.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts