Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting a new tank soon. 59"l x 22.6"W x 22"H 108G w/31G sump. Redsea Reefer XL 525. I'd appreciate if someone could check my projected stock list.

Electric Yellow Labidochromis Caeruleus 6
Iodotropheus Sprengerae, (Rusty Cichlid) 4
Pseudotropheus Saulosi 6
Pearl Zebra, Metriaclima Callainos 4
Labidochromis sp. "Hongi" "Kimpuma" 4

Thanks in advance.
GCG

·
Super Moderator
40,714 Posts
I would choose either the hongi or the saulosi (both blue barred fish). Maybe the hongi since females look more different from the labs than the saulosi females.

I would do 4 females in each group. Maybe 7 females for the hongi. Five species might work in a 60" tank...it's a LITTLE wider than the usual 18" tank.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DJRansome said:
I would choose either the hongi or the saulosi (both blue barred fish). Maybe the hongi since females look more different from the labs than the saulosi females.
Thought that might be an issue. My wife and I will need to discuss it.

DJRansome said:
I would do 4 females in each group. Maybe 7 females for the hongi. Five species might work in a 60" tank...it's a LITTLE wider than the usual 18" tank.
I'm getting 4 or 6 group packages. <vendor name removed> claim to guarantee at least one male in each group. I could give them a call and see about adding a female to the groups where I'm short.

The purchase is down the road (closer to or in Sept. for the tank order) so I have some time. I'm also going to establish some plants before I order the livestock.

·
Super Moderator
40,714 Posts
See what other vendors can offer. You don't want more than one male/group...the worst case scenario would be to get all males.

What we do is order 2X as many unsexed juveniles as the target number of females. So for 4 females order 8 unsexed juveniles. Then rehome extra males if/when they start to cause trouble.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts