Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
iv got a new tank and i have put two jewel cichlids (male-female), two convicts (male-female), one green terror, one jack Dempsey, one bumble bee and one African knife fish in the tank any suggestions for a few more like maybe 3?

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
I agree fully. You have a group that might best be decribed as a trainwreck waiting to happen. They may start okay but just looking at the names kind of hints at their behavior. Sorry, but better to know now rather than later. Did you know Jack Dempsey was a fighter, convicts are not nice, and terror scares people?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PfunMo said:
I agree fully. You have a group that might best be decribed as a trainwreck waiting to happen. They may start okay but just looking at the names kind of hints at their behavior. Sorry, but better to know now rather than later. Did you know Jack Dempsey was a fighter, convicts are not nice, and terror scares people?
yea i know and there all a little mean and that's why the will get along
they all have attitudes but they are all happy and are not trying to eat each other and they are all about the same size and the Dempsey is only a half inch long
and the knife just evens every thing out, right now hes the boss of the tank

·
Registered
134 Posts
Your gonna possibly have some major issues, if the jewels or cons or possibly both ever pair up and mate then it could get pretty nasty. Jewels and cons get very aggressive and defensive when breeding, I have pairs of both and they get super aggressive when breeding. And your dempsey isn't the only fish thats gonna get big, green terror reach in between 8-10 inches and you got africans in with CA/SA cichlids. I'm not saying it won't work but just be prepared for possible problems. But I do like your choice in fish!!!

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
yea i know and there all a little mean and that's why the will get along

Time will tell.
The odds are against you though.

suggestions for a few more like maybe 3

Can`t think of anything I would add to that mix.

·
Registered
102 Posts
The mix of new world and Africans most likely will give you problems. One word of advice is feed them NLS and good luck let us know how it works out. :fish:

·
2,106 Posts
cichlid-kid said:
any suggestions for a few more like maybe 3?
hmm, 3 more, how about a pair of 4' 75 gallons, and a 6' 125?

;)

as others have said, the mix is volatile at best.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nodima said:
cichlid-kid said:
any suggestions for a few more like maybe 3?
hmm, 3 more, how about a pair of 4' 75 gallons, and a 6' 125?

;)

as others have said, the mix is volatile at best.
i like your idea and im looking at a 125g on craigslist, there is this poor clown knife at a pet store thats about 24 inches long and hes in a little 50 gal and has outher fish in there to its mean he cant hardly move.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cichlidsrule16 said:
Your gonna possibly have some major issues, if the jewels or cons or possibly both ever pair up and mate then it could get pretty nasty. Jewels and cons get very aggressive and defensive when breeding, I have pairs of both and they get super aggressive when breeding. And your dempsey isn't the only fish thats gonna get big, green terror reach in between 8-10 inches and you got africans in with CA/SA cichlids. I'm not saying it won't work but just be prepared for possible problems. But I do like your choice in fish!!!
yea i know ill prolly have problems but there all little and by the time they get big i hope to have more tanks :) and thanks i like the mix to haha even if they dont go well togeather

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.