Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone Im just getting back into the game after being out for quite some time. I have a cycled 55 gallon I'm planning on stocking at some point in the next few days. I would like to get a 2 species set up going and I definitely want to go with Saluosi as one of them. Probably go with a group of 2 males 6-7 females which i think I can get away with for that species. as a second species I'm torn between cynotilapia gallireya reef and labidochromis chismulae with either species I'd prob go with a 1-4 ratio. I would love some input or if you have any other recommendations shoot em out there Thanks guys!

·
Super Moderator
40,502 Posts
Welcome to Cichlid-forum!

Avoid another blue barred fish like hara or chisumulae. What about white labs?

I would do 3m:9f on the saulosi as each male will focus only on the other if there are 2. Only one may color up, but work a try. Then 1m:4f on the white labs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
okay ill go with 3 thanks for the tip. not really a big fan of the straight whites too bland for me how about chewere or chailosi would they pair well with more mild mannered saluosi?

·
Super Moderator
40,502 Posts
Avoid blue barred fish with the saulosi.

What about a solid blue like socolofi or Metriaclima callainos? Or rusties?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I took DJ's advice and went with White Labs with Saulosi. It's a very nice color combo with blue,yellow/gold and the White Labs. I presently have eight Labs and 4m/12f Saulosi. Just my opinion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts