Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to start this post on my new 90 gal tank setup. On March 4 we left the house 8am and came back home after 4pm to our basement being flooded with 2" of water. :( We immediately assumed it was the 90 gal had sprung a leak, but it was not the tank. It was the service line to the toilet tank. The flexible tubing had a plastic nut that fastens to the bottom of the tank -it cracked. My tank had to be disassembled to get rid of the pad and carpet. My basement is concrete floor, what a relief. My LFS was kind enough to take the fish of my hands and give me store credit for up to a year if and when I start the tank back up again. This was the most disgusting thing about the whole mess of a flooded basement was having to get rid of the fish. :x :x
My stand was particle board bottom so this will have to be trashed. I am claiming this to the insurance company to pay for new one. I have posted ?? :-? on this and new lights in the Equip. forum, any help would be helpful.
For my previous set up i had 2 AC 500's on the back wall- 1 XP 3 w/ spraybar on the right - 1 XP4 on the left w/ spraybar, 1 stealth heater 250wat, egg crate base, crushed coral, & texas holey rock. Lighting was a 48" Current USA Orbit light.
We are getting the new carpet in 2 weeks. I thought my wife would say get rid of the tank now but she agreed with the kids that I can and should set it up again. :thumb: :drooling: :dancing:
If there are any improvements I can make to my set up I would like to hear some advice. I will post pics when I start. I am looking for a new stand = this would be the most help as to what company/dealer i should use.??
Sorry for the long post but had to start somewhere. Has this ever happened to anyone else.

·
Registered
173 Posts
set up sounds good. the only equipment i would get change is the stealth heaters. Pet smart will take them back and if you want the stealth look alike aqueon is a good heater.

·
Registered
355 Posts
If their the original Stealths then their a good heater but if their Stealth Pro's then I agree change it out for the Aqueon Pro which is the old stealth with an indicator light.

·
Registered
173 Posts
JKulysses I had 2 old stealths and there were good till one stopped working the other the top were the dial was blew apart. And my friend had several that gave out on him so its a hard call on which is a good heater these days.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I looked at the aqueon but their height is only 28" tall which i don't like. I found a manufacturer that does have 30" tall units and all oak wood used, and 7 colors to choose for a finish. I dont' have the time to build a new one due to my job. I did have a stealth heater and plan on getting a back up for the one i already have.

·
Registered
173 Posts
what part of pa are you in gremlin? I have a stand that is easy to make that i have from a 75 that i bought. building a tank stand can take me 2 hrs cause of charging my batteries.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was thinking of making one myself, does anybody know of good plans on the web that i can look at / blueprints???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.