Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've set up my Lake Malawi tank and followed the guidelines posted on this site. I've put in male and female otopharynx tetrastigma, 1 female and 3 males reef hai and 1 female and 3 males yellow labs. Made sure there was plenty of hiding places, now I can't find my fish. Now all I have to do is wait for fry. Is there anything in particulare I should be feeding to condition them?

·
Registered
729 Posts
Do you mean 3 males to each female or 3 females to each male? 3 females for each male is probably going to be more successful.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1 female for each species. I don't want to be overrun with cichilds. I'm hoping that the babies hide and survive. I have 20g with plateys for cycling that I plan to put the babies in.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I don't think that is such a good idea.... I think they are gonna beat up the girls pretty bad and the boys may kill each other... I know yellow labs and peacocks are relatively mild, but they can still be pretty agressive. Also, I am not familiar specifically with the otopharynx tetrastigma, but in general it is not advisable to do a one to one ratio with haps either.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts