Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently redid my tank, any feedback is welcome. So far I have 5 electric yellow cichlids. & live java plants. :fish:

·
Registered
465 Posts
Looks good. Not too keen on the statue and bubbles. Looks great though. Wont the sand mix with the crushed coral?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
CichlidAndrew said:
Looks good. Not too keen on the statue and bubbles. Looks great though. Wont the sand mix with the crushed coral?
thanks for the input, I actually am hoping that the sand and the crushed coral mix together. & I have turned down the bubbles and It looks a lot better. :)

·
Registered
465 Posts
That should look good mixed. I really like the plants though

·
Registered
363 Posts
I think you have a sweet tank. I like the way the substrate is low in the middle and rises up at the sides. It emphasizes the bow front.

Although I never use statues in my tanks, I think yours looks cool, and I like the positioning of the bubbles behind it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nighthawk said:
I like your tank. I've been thinking of adding a Budda to my tank but have never done it
Ya, the budda is really nice. I got it at AC Moore, which is arts and crafts store.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I like the mixed substrate.
Bowfronts are pretty cool looking. :thumb:

I'm worried that the java fern is planted too deeply.
Just gently pull on the leaves to bring it out of the substrate some.
You want the roots slightly buried, not the rhyzome(sp) of the java fern.

What's the little spotted fish in the 4th pic?
Alicem

·
Registered
533 Posts
alicem said:
I'm worried that the java fern is planted too deeply.
Just gently pull on the leaves to bring it out of the substrate some.
It is indeed planted too deeply and to me does not appear to be java fern but rather amazon sword plants.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I agree, great tank. I have a bow front as well. And the plants are not Java Fern, they are an amazon sword plant. Java Fern is a darker green with brown roots and they do not shoot off a chain like you have one doing in your tank. The Java Fern will have smaller ferns growing right on the leaves. :thumb:

·
Registered
720 Posts
Yeah, those are swords, not java fern.

I love the "volcano head Budda." Just add some red food coloring and you're good to go! ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts