Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a 75 gallon tank, I am planning on making it a peacock tank but also would be interested in any other cichlid species. I have duel marineland 350s as my filtration and i currently have a huge piece of driftwood in the center of my tank and am going to add lots of rocks for the cichlids. My substrate is Seachem Pearl Beach Aragonite Gravel. My current fish i have in mindof adding are: 1 yellow tail acei, 1 firefish peacock, 2-3 OB peacocks and thats it i would like to have around 10-12 fish and am looking for advice on what else to add. Thank you :)

·
Super Moderator
40,517 Posts
Twelve is a good number, but I would not add multiple OB's. When doing one of each stick to all male and no look-alike fish. Read the all-male article in the Cichlid-forum Library for pros, cons and advice.

·
Super Moderator
40,517 Posts
If you go with more aggressive peacocks and haps. You won't find 12 peacocks that don't look alike...once you have red yellow and blue what is left?

The firefish is your red.

Go for a yellow peacock and a blue one. Maleri and Red Shoulder are reasonable choices.
Haps like Fryeri. Taiwan Reef. Mylochromis. Electra.

You could also add a trio of yellow labs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This was the list I created
file:///C:/Users/1515078/Pictures/Screenshots/Screenshot%20(2).png
file:///C:/Users/1515078/Pictures/Screenshots/Screenshot%20(1).png

1 - 7 of 7 Posts