1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Sorry for my bad english but gonna try.
Im starting a tanganyika tank
the tank itself is 200x60cm ground and 31cm waterlevel( not high!) thats about 380liters. There is already 70kg rocks in it, but i need more holes, so more rocks will be added, also sand.

I think I gonna use the eheim 2180 filter thats about 1700l/u with integrated heater, and 2 inlets and one outlet. I hope this is enough filtration.
the two inlets go about 35cm out of the corners
and the outlet I don't know
on one side with a sprabar on the short side (60cm)
or in the rear middle from the tank with A T-piece annd left and right a piece of spraybar to the front window

That's how it looks now

I now have some tanganyika fish in a smaller tank, that i like to see in this bigger tank, with some additional fishes.

8 synodontis petricola dwarf
2 lamprologus caudopunctatus kapampa
2 callochromis pleurospilus kambwimbwa
5 joung lamprologus leloupi (NOT leulepie!)

I'd like calvus goldhead or similar, and maby a school fish?

what is possible, and what do you think about setup?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I really like the rockscape you've got in there but I'm not sure that stand is strong enough to support 400 kg once it's filled up.

·
Super Moderator
1,840 Posts
Welcome to C-F!

I agree with Perbunan's comments, can you describe the wood dimensions and how you built that stand? Do you have pics of how you built the stand?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello, I used 8cmx1.8cm waterproof multiplex I glued(D4) corners from it and screwed each 20cm for the legs, then I made a upper surface that rest on the legs and also supported on 4 places. the whole construction is bolted to the wall. on the sides thers gonna be black mdf(coated) and fixet, zo the legs can't twist or turn. in the front there gonna be 3 panels that i can remove. I think this will hold the weight.

this weekend I should try add the sand and shell's and maby water, then well see... I still need to find more rocks and some vallisneria

1 - 4 of 4 Posts